Friday 30 November 2018

Advent approaches

I have started a facebook page called Football Pyramid where I will post some of the more interesting You Tube videos that I come across daily. I hope it entertains those who choose to view the page.

Now I am looking forward to this weekend and where my selections will be playing. Arsenal have their most interesting match of the season, the local derby against Spurs, which takes place in the Emirates Stadium at 14:05 on Sunday. I presume the 5 minutes are to give foreign TV companies time to introduce the match.

Brentford, my Championship pick, seem to have been moved to Monday night. They are appearing on TV more and more recently, although my viewing has gone up as a result of all Championship matches being shown on Sky Sports Football behind the Red Button. Neal Maupay and friends are travelling to West Bromwich Albion. The Hawthorn Ground is somewhere I remember from supporting Arsenal for many years.

So Sunday afternoon and Monday evening are covered. I expect most of my selections to play on Saturday but before any of that I must get an F.A.Cup match in. BBC Two are showing Solihull Moors against Blackpool at 19:55. I presume that this 5 minutes is so that foreign TV companies miss the start and can decide which Friday night match to cover. Cardiff against Wolves is on Sky Sports in a match that matters to both but not to me.

Friday, Sunday and Monday now sorted, what happens at 3 O'Clock on Saturday afternoon?

Southend take on Barnsley in the second round of the F.A.Cup. Exeter, who lost to Blackpool (my Friday watch) in the first round seem to have no match at all. Their next match is in the Checkatrade Trophy at home to Peterborough United.

Eastleigh are at home to Dover Athletic in what should be an easy win as Dover are not doing so well this season despite challenging for promotion last year. Weston-super-Mare are away to Chippenham Town and I have no idea how that one will go but I hope the strong win in the F.A.Trophy gives Weston the boost that they need to start climbing the table.

Tiverton are away to Wimborne Town in the Southern League Premier Division South. Barnstaple are at home to AFC Totton in the Southern League Division One South. I could go to that one but I am staying home to look after my wife who has just returned from hospital after a knee replacement. She is still in pain but she has the painkillers she needs to control it.

Buckland Athletic are away to Bridport (a medium drive) in the Western League and Exmouth are at home to Falmouth Town in the South West Peninsula League.

That concludes levels 1 to 10 but I have been following Elmore Eagles in level 11, the South West Peninsula League East Division. Elmore are at home to Holsworthy and that match is only half an hour away if I can get my Mrs to sleep all afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment