Wednesday 3 August 2016

Almost Finalised Picks 2016-17

I had a look at Willand and somehow took a disfancy to them. I could find very little online.

My next job was to look at the Western League Premier Map. It can be found here:

http://www.footballgroundmap.com/grounds/england/western-league-premier-division

As I live in Exeter I looked at the nearest options as I do want to watch some live football this year without having to bust a gut travelling long distances. Those days are gone.

I checked out Buckland Athletic who I followed a while back but their offerings were not much better.

I have, therefore, on the basis that there is some pre-season information, gone for Bridport.


I also had second thoughts about putting a reserve team in my top 10. I think I am missing my own point, which I have not clearly defined, that I want people to get around and see what is on offer in the world of football.

I did not manage to see Exmouth Town last season and as they are neatly positioned at the end of a local branch line I shall aim to get a train ride and live football in this season.

So, with a couple of days to go and nobody to stop me, my selections are now:

1. Arsenal
2. Brighton
3. Southend
4. Exeter
5. North Ferriby United
6. Weston-super-Mare
7. Weymouth
8. Tiverton Town
9. Bridport
10. Exmouth

The season is fast approaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment