Wednesday 3 August 2016

Kick-Off = August 6th

The short close season is now at an end.

The countdown has begun.

The new football season starts for real on Saturday August 6th with the F.A.Cup Extra Preliminary round. My last minute selection Bridport are at home to Alresford Town and it would have been a great way to start but I am visiting family to celebrate a birthday. I may have to look for a match to watch in the area I am visiting.

Exmouth Town are also in action. A home match against Saint Blazey. That could also have been a great start to the season.

In the Southern League Weymouth take on Biggleswade while Tiverton take on Larkhall Athletic.

Another possible great start to the season is at Weston-super-Mare where they take on Whitehawk in the National League South. So many good choices and I am at a family function.

North Ferriby United are at home to Braintree Town in the National League. I fancy them to win as the Braintree management left the club at the end of last season. I wish my choice at this level the very best of luck as they strive for Football League status.

In the league Exeter are away to Blackpool, Southend take on Gillingham at home, Brighton travel to Derby County and we know that the Premier League does not start until next week so I get to watch Arsenal take on Manchester City in a friendly in Sweden.

Let battle commence.

No comments:

Post a Comment