Sunday 31 July 2016

Provisional Picks 2016-17

SO.

That is how all modern TV guests introduce their statements SO why should I be any different.

I shall look at fixtures and other stuff and seek out websites and make a final decision soon but I have made a provisional selection of teams for this season:

Premier League: Arsenal (my team)

League Championship: Brighton & Hove Albion
I have followed Brentford for a while and they have done a reasonable job with their web information but they fell into a "form" site and I have no loyalty so my allegiance will change to Brighton, as a facebook friend sometimes goes to watch them.

League One: Southend United (old home town)

League Two: Exeter City (home town)

National League: North Ferriby United
I have been following the rise of this team for some time now and I am so impressed that the northern half of a little village in the middle of nowhere can reach such heights. They must have things well organised and local support must be worth the efforts. They have not been part of my pyramid until this season so I will make every effort to watch them if I go near the area.

National League South: Weston-Super_Mare
Having stated that I do get to watch their goals on social media they do deserve that I go and pay my entrance fee to watch them for real some time. Maybe this season will be the one when I make the time to watch the seagulls.

Southern League Premier: Weymouth
I had a look at a few teams here as I have uncles and aunts in several of these places but I chose Weymouth as I have been inside the ground on one occasion. The Speedway takes place (or did) next door and we were told to use the toilets in the football ground. I probably owe them the cost of a pee.

Southern League South & West: Tiverton Town
This one may have to be my main team for the season as it is half an hour to drive to and as I have mentioned there will be the opportunity to see Hereford and Salisbury as well as Bideford and Barnstaple who were on my list last year. I may yet return to watching live football regularly but I do feel this way every summer and then I remember how cold and wet you get in reality.

Western League Premier: Willand Rovers
Probably the weakest of my choices and based purely on proximity assuming that they play at the Willand that I have found on the map. I know nothing about them so it is a completely fresh start.

South West Peninsula League Premier Division: Tiverton Town Reserves
Why not choose the second team of a club I have put on my list as I may find some of the same players moving between teams and that would build a relationship that I have not had for many a year.

That concludes my provisional pyramid pick. Unless I find anything unpleasant out about these clubs they will be followed with interest throughout the season.











No comments:

Post a Comment