Tuesday 7 June 2016

Bloody Cinderford Town

I am getting my football fill today by watching the women of Wales take on the women of Norway at Spytty Park, Newport. Tash Harding appears to be making an impact on the opposition as she clatters into that Norwegian leaving her sprawled on the turf. The reds do seem to have more of the match in this first half but when the Norwegians start passing the ball they seem to have better quality.

Now, let me look at this Cinderford refusal to accept promotion. Is it because they face a long trip to Kings Lynn Town? I think it more likely that they want the money that will come from matches against Hereford and Salisbury. The Southern League South & West division has caught my attention and if all goes well I intend to watch it closely but I hope Cinderford get relegated if their decision was based on getting more money from the big games.

In my opinion they have cost Evesham United a lot more money than they would have paid out and Evesham should be compensated for the selfish stance of Cinderford. If Cinderford lose all their good players, manager, and get relegated then, and only then, will I forgive them. I hope Evesham now go on and get promotion from the Northern Premier South as they were not going to get it from a division with Hereford and Salisbury in.

I now find out that the Kent Invicta League has become the second division in the Southern Counties East League which is no change in reality, merely a change in designation. It may mean two teams switching between leagues rather than one but it is exactly right given the attempt by the F.A. to get standardisation across the various regions of the country.

We just have the East and West Midlands to sort out now along with the South West Peninsula League which I support as non standard due to the distance from the centre and the fact that the south west is a low wage area so everything costs so much more percentage wise than anywhere else in the country.

The Essex Senior League do need a second division to become "standard" but the Essex Olympian League is level 11 and they are level 9 so there is no obvious level 10 standard in the area. Perhaps one of the many London leagues could fulfil the role but we will have to wait and see what the F.A. have planned for that particular old haunting ground of mine.

Right, back to the Welsh women and I promise to tell you nothing about the match.

No comments:

Post a Comment