Monday, 17 August 2026

Weekend 15th & 16th August

 I watched Exeter on Sky Sports plus and Grimsby were worth the win although Jayden Wareham had two or three good chances to score.

So with one defeat on my list I checked on Plymouth in league one and they were also defeated.

Next thing I saw that Worthing had also lost and this was turning into a bad weekend.


Bovey Tracey and Teignmouth convinced me that this week was a total disaster and when I checked Exmouth that was worse. I worried but I found out that it was two Melksham players colliding into each other and going to hospital that caused the abandonment.

All that was forgotten on Sunday.

Roberto Calafiori received a clinical pass from Myles Lewis-Skelly to put Arsenal 1-0 up after 30 seconds. That confidence boost seemed to inspire the team and we went on to dominate the match. Kai Havertz headed us into a 2-0 lead following a brilliant header across goal by Christos Tzolis. At the start of the second half Martin Odegaard sat Gianluigi Donnarumma down before passing the ball into an empty net for the third of three good goals. That is a great end to the pre-season and we can add the Charity Shield to the Costa Brava Cup as two trophies before the season starts for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment