August begins and we are starting to see some real matches.
In the Carabao Cup Preliminary Round Crawley beat York by 2 goals to nil on Monday night. In the Saturday fixture Tranmere drew 2-2 with Rochdale and that led to the worst set of penalties I have ever seen as Rochdale won 2-1.
The teams that I am following produced these results:
I paid for the Arsenal coverage on Arsenal.com so I can watch all of the pre-season games.
The second half of the match against Girona saw a raft of youth team members coming on to represent the first team. I look forward to seeing who impressed Mikel Arteta enough to make a first team appearance in a more serious match. We are now holders of the Costa Brava Cup. So in our first match we win our first trophy. It is rather similar to the Emirates Cup but it is run by Girona.
No comments:
Post a Comment