Wednesday 7 July 2021

Arsenal Start Training

 My spreadsheet tells me that a number of things are happening today and we have already had a few pre-season friendlies so the new season is underway at least in terms of pre-season.

Arsenal are back at London Colney and they have released the Scottish and American fixtures for those who might want to travel. Travel? Does anyone know what is allowed now that Boris Johnson has decided to declare "Freedom Day" and allow the population of England to kill themselves. Get together, have a party and if a few of you die so be it. Let the bodies pile high!


The National League released their fixtures for the season today so I have been able to log where Weymouth and Bath City will be week by week.


The first few fixtures for my teams took place on Saturday 3rd July with Tiverton being the only team that failed to score. Travelling away to Cribbs they earned a creditable 0-0 draw. Willand Rovers are new for me this season and I was aware that their internet coverage is poor. I did, however, find their Twitter feed and the last post on there says that Buckland Athletic have taken a 3-2 lead to I assume that was the final score. Willand Rovers 2 Buckland Athletic 3.

My favourites Exmouth Town had a good pre-season win beating Verwood Town 4-1 at home.

Finally for Saturday Bath City travelled to Larkhall Athletic and beat their hosts 5-1. A very good start.

Bath City played again on Tuesday night and won again, this time beating Frome Town away 4-1.

An Exeter City eleven travelled to Weston-super-Mare and lost 2-1 to open their pre-season with a defeat.

It is good to have football back.

No comments:

Post a Comment