Sunday 10 November 2019

Super Sunday

So I wake up and it feels like the flu is waning at long long last.

I go shopping and get everything that I went for including that bulb the shape of which I have never seen before. Things are looking up.

My sporting Sunday is planned with Southend United on BT Sport at 12:00 noon playing Dover Athletic. Sol Campbell v. Andy Hessenthaler has my tastebuds tingling. Sol was a hero when he joined Arsenal from Spurs and took the stick that was necessary back then. He has chosen to manage Southend United, a club formerly managed by Gary Wassock. I shall watch with interest.

At 3:00pm I have to admit to one of my vices. I shall be watching Exeter Chiefs against Bristol in the Gallagher Premiership. Rugby Union was a sport I used to have the soccer AM attitude towards. Why do those egg chasers do it? Then I watched Exeter and they had an inspirational Irishmen by the name of Gareth Steenson who could kick the ball over the posts from all angles but also I watched him pick up men bigger than himself and put them on their behinds. I became hooked (a rugby term).

Tonight our village hall is holding their monthly film club and I want to support the initiative so I shall be out for entertainment with the wife. These things tend to be "use them or lose them" so to keep future options open I need to join in about 50% of the time.

Tomorrow I hope the flu will be gone (I feel a little groggy today) and I will then get my spreadsheets out and check all the F.A.Cup results along with the results of my teams at all levels.

Back to the second half of Dover v. Southend.

No comments:

Post a Comment