Wednesday 6 November 2019

Flu Jab

I had my flu jab two weeks ago and guess what ... I got flu. This particular variety is not your three day flu and if my wife is anything to go by (she had the jab at the same time and succumbed quicker) then it is not even two week flu. This one has a constant sore throat, headaches on and off and the most annoying part is a whooping cough that just will not clear. I cannot recommend the flu jab this year, but if the real flu is worse than what I have got now then thousands are going to die this winter.

I have just prepared my spreadsheets again but as I am between sheets let me just tidy up last weekend. Many of the local league matches were postponed because of waterlogged pitches and this persistent rain shows no sign of going away. I remember looking at a weather map a week ago showing a band of rain stretching from South America to Britain and heading in our direction. We may have much more rain to come.

At the weekend Arsenal continued their poor run of results. A 1-1 draw at home to Wolves is not what we should be getting from this squad but we know there are internal problems that still need resolution. Goals from Aubameyang and Jimenez plus an outstanding save from Bernd Leno kept this game tight and we will have to hope that Arsenal pick up in the second half of the season.

So when my leading team underperform I always look to my other teams to raise the mood a bit. What with flu and the following results I have little reason to be cheerful.

Brentford 0 Huddersfield 1

Sunderland 1 Southend 0

Bradford 2 Exeter 0

The one team that did not let me down was Torquay. It sounds like a great game.

Halifax 2 Torquay 4

The next few matches were postponed until we get down to Barnstaple.

They did not make me feel any better.

Thatcham Town 5 Barnstaple Town 1

Would I find any favourable results in the amateur matches?

Nope ... Complete washout!


A bonus match that I had missed was Southend travelling to Portsmouth last night.

Portsmouth 4 Southend 1

So, a miserable week so far in so many ways. I think Arsenal need a result at Vitoria in the Europa Cup, a match played a day early and because of the clash with Champions League starting at 3:50pm.

Check time.

It is now 3:45pm.

Time to leave you and watch the boys.

















No comments:

Post a Comment