Tuesday 8 August 2017

Carabao Cup

The Football League Cup has been redesignated the Carabao Cup this year.

Matches start tonight.

This is the trophy where the prize money is so low that all the Premier League sides play their reserve players to give them some experience.

My teams are all at home tonight:

Brentford take on AFC Wimbledon.

Southend take on Newport County.

Exeter have a match against Charlton Athletic.


My other teams are also in action as this is the first week of the new season:

Torquay are away to Aldershot Town.

Weston-super-Mare played last night and lost their match 2-0 away to Hungerford Town.
Clearly there is a consistent plan to start every season very poorly indeed.

Tiverton Town travelled the short distance to Cullompton last night and earned a 2-2 friendly draw.

Barnstaple Town are at home to Appledore in their last pre-season fixture tomorrow night.
I wonder if I can persuade the wife to go shopping earlier in the day?

Buckland Athletic take on Wellington in the Western League. I will return there but not tonight.

Exmouth start on Saturday at home to Sticker. Maybe I should go along and collect some Stickers?


No comments:

Post a Comment