Saturday 14 May 2016

Finishing the Season

So it comes to a conclusion.

My dream would be for Arsenal to beat Aston Villa while Newcastle beat Tottenham and it is very possible albeit unlikely. The Championship play-offs have started with Sheffield Wednesday beating Brighton last night. The Derby v. Hull match has started and already I have found myself supporting Hull which is where I spent my university days.

What else can I see as I work my way down the pyramid?

Southend United will no longer have their Essex Derby as Colchester United are heading for League Two.

Exeter City may miss out on the Devon Derby if Plymouth can get promotion via the playoffs.

Braintree have missed out on the dream of League Football so I now have no qualms and I shall be supporting Forest Green as they attempt to prevent Grimsby rejoining the Football League.

In the Conference South I do believe that Ebbsfleet United deserve their promotion after leading the table for most of the season.

Poole Town won the Southern League title, a top result that matches the achievement of their Speedway team in many previous seasons.

In the Essex Senior League Bowers & Pitsea did overtake Basildon on the final day of the season so it will be interesting to see if either of them choose promotion.

You must be Kidlington about the winners of the Hellenic League and what are those divisions two east and west if they are not part of the pyramid as I have been told?

Coventry United in Midland League Division One are promoted as are Norwich United of the Eastern Counties League. They are United in promoting second teams in cities.

Hereford performed as expected, ruining the league for everyone else.

The Northern League seems to have all the teams that make a mark on the F.A.Vase but we all know why that is, and I have to support their stubborn refusal to enter the modern world.

The Southern Counties East League includes London and I see that Greenwich Borough took the title.

AFC Kempston Rovers took over from Leicester Nirvana at the end of the season and win the United Counties League on goal difference.

Salisbury did what Hereford did leaving the other Wessex League teams with No Chance.

Odd Down won the Western League. Go Odd Down, I want to see you progress up the pyramid.

Looking at the Level 11 County Leagues I shall just pick out a few:

In a season that has brought many teams with two names to my attention I see that in the Hertfordshire Senior County League Standon & Puckeridge took the title.

A great name from the top of the Kent County League is Faversham Strike Force.

Oxford University Press won the title in the Oxfordshire Senior League. Well they would do as they get to print the tables.

Blyth Town won the Northern Alliance Premier Division so they cannot be too far behind Blyth Spartans now.

The Peterborough & District League harbours one of my favourite names as Moulton Harrox won it so who can tell me which word is the place name and which word is the team description?

Here is the one I was looking for:
Staffordshire County League is leaking teams: Leek CSOB leaking out of the top and Leek Town Reserves leaking out of the bottom.

Suffolk & Ipswich information is so hard to find (lower divisions). Could someone put it online please? Crane Sports took the title or did they have an Achilles heel?

South Liverpool won the West Cheshire League. Is that a case of the inner city beating the posh country folk?

Trowbridge Town won the Wiltshire League but I must ask the Wiltshire League to add a second division as they are skewing all my pyramid calculations raising up the town and district leagues by one level.

Now I can settle down and watch the women's F.A.Cup Final from Wembley. Arsenal v. Chelsea.

No comments:

Post a Comment