Saturday 16 April 2016

Bottom Base Grass Roots

Saturday 16th April and I have already talked about the top six level of English football. Level Seven for me is the Southern League where Bideford are my local pick. I will visit them one day but I may have to get a better job to be able to justify the cost. I am on West Country wages. It took a little time to find out why Bideford were missing from the Sky Sports site but the Southern League site has let me know that Kettering Town have a waterlogged pitch.

The Southern League site also tells me that Tiverton Town travelled away to Didcot Town and won 2-1. The information is that Landricombe scored in the 19th minute and Howe in the 85th after Reid had opened the scoring for Didcot in the 6th minute. I guess that Didcot sat back to defend the lead.

In the Western League Barnstaple Town were at home to Gillingham Town and won 2-1. This must put us in a good position. Let me check the table. It seems that we are three points behind the leaders Odd Down but they have a game in hand. I wonder if they will want promotion or whether the option will be passed to Barnstaple. I can enjoy the promotion and relegation issues once the summer comes. Some decisions amaze me every year.

In the South West Peninsula League Exmouth Town were at home to Falmouth Town but lost 3-1. I think the mid table position is firm.

That concludes the results for the top 10 levels in the English pyramid system.

I, of course, have an interest in the full pyramid so I will continue just this once to check on my lower league selections.

Exwick Villa (Level 11) travelled to Teignmouth in the South West Peninsula League Division One East and managed to lose 5-0. I am sure that the home fans will have enjoyed that one.

Exwick Villa II (Level 12) took on Hatherleigh Town in the Premier Division of the Devon and Exeter League and drew 2-2. This match took place less than 15 minutes walk away from me but I will make the excuse that I have not fully got over my cold. I like the fact that a club can have two teams a single level apart but I have been told that if the Devon and Exeter League applied for the next status that this would not be allowed. Don't apply just yet. Let the Villa get to Level 10 first.

West Exe Rovers (Level 13) were at home to Sidmouth Town 2nds and lost 2-1 in Division One.

Exmouth Town II (Level 14) travelled away to Dawlish United and won 4-1 in Division Two.

Tedburn St May (Level 15) were at home to Exmouth Amateurs 2nds in Division Three and the match finished in a 2-2 draw.

Lord's XI (Level 16) travelled to Sampford Peverel in Division Four and earned a victory by 4 goals to 2. I keep meaning to watch this lot.

Ottery St Mary (Level 17) won their match 2-0 at home to Alphington 3rds.

Exwick Village (Level 18) travelled to Winchester (I presume NOT that place in Hampshire) and managed to lose the game 4-1. Better luck to my home village in their next match.

My team at Level 19 were not playing today and I would have to go into history to explain them but go back to where this blog started and you can work it out.

My team at Level 20 were also missing from action.

Ditto at Level 21 (Division Nine of the Devon and Exeter League).

Now - I have an episode of Outlander to watch and two episodes of Vikings.

No comments:

Post a Comment