Saturday, 12 September 2026

Results 5th to 11th September

 Results:


The 5th September was a day with no defeats. Probably the most inspiring result was Bovey Tracey beating Wellington 8-0 away. This was followed by Teignmouth beating Axminster Town 5-0 and Elmore beating Bere Alston United 3-0. Kudos to the low level teams.

On Sunday 6th September I watched Arsenal produce some magic football in a high quality and well contested match. Chelsea could have scored more but so could we and 2-1 seems like a fair result albeit one with which I am very happy.

In midweek Exeter beat Spurs Young Guns and Torquay soundly beat Maidenhead United. Wimborne won their F.A.Cup replay against Portishead Town. The only blip was Bovey Tracey losing to Tavistock.

On Wednesday Arsenal beat Napoli away and it was the only away win on the night. All the other home teams won their matches.
Wrexham drew with Burnley and it is looking like they may find their second season in the Championship harder than the first. Exmouth won their F.A.Cup replay against Banbury United and I now wish I had gone to that one.

 I watched West Ham against Wrexham and it was a very open game. The result of that was a spanking by 6 goals to nil. Phil Parkinson may have to learn when to pull everyone back and preserve goal difference when the opposition get right on top.

Now onward to this weekend. I can watch Arsenal on Saturday night at 8:00pm so with my wife watching prime time TV I will be sent to the bedroom to watch this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment