Good luck George Dowell.
Worthing had a lot of bad luck in that they should have been promoted in the two season that there were no promotions due to Covid.
I went to see this club a few times when my mother lived in Worthing and they have a lovely ground with a friendly atmosphere. Sadly, the higher you go the more you have to conform to the larger and unfriendly grounds that league teams have adopted.
Here are the good crop of pre-season friendlies:
So far no defeats which is a good sign. One cancellation but I did wonder about that with a match the night before.
The league season starts with probably the longest journey Worthing have ever had to endure as they travel to Carlisle.
I hope I can get to watch the Wealdstone match with a 12:30 start but we will wait to see how the TV companies share out the coverage. I cannot easily get to Worthing so I need TV coverage or I have to meet a friendly helicopter owner.
No comments:
Post a Comment