Sunday 3 January 2021

F.A.Cup Third Round

 There are a couple of Ladies Matches scheduled for today but it remains to be seen whether they take place. Apart from that the next football on my schedule is the F.A.Cup Third Round next weekend.

The action starts on Friday Night with Aston Villa taking on Liverpool. What are the odds on another 7-2 win for Villa? The other Friday Fixture is Wolves against Palace and that one could go either way so might be the one to watch.

On Saturday my teams are involved. Exeter City take on Sheffield Wednesday at 15:00, the traditional time for starting football matches.

At 17:30 Arsenal take on Newcastle United and we have yet to see whether the boys can raise their game for the cup as has happened so many times in the past or whether we have to stick to the winning ways that we have just developed.

At 18:00 Brentford take on Middlesbrough. This is the F.A.Cup but the team may have their minds on the semi final of the Carabao Cup which takes place on Tuesday against Tottenham Hotspur and that Jose Mourinho fellow.

Also at 18:00 is the match between Huddersfield Town and Plymouth Argyle. This is the match I will probably ignore on the night with the other two matches filling my computer screen and television screen, always assuming that the coverage is available.

I also notice as I move down the fixture list that I can watch Arsenal Women away at Aston Villa, a match which takes place at 12:30, nicely positioned before any of the men's game in which I have an interest.

Next Saturday could be a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment