Wednesday 5 August 2020

Brentford v. Fulham

So I settled down last night to watch the Championship playoff final. My team Brentford were up against the favourites (due to money spent) Fulham. Thomas Frank was taking on Scott Parker who has been the butt of many jokes by my mates. We are Arsenal fans and he was with Spurs so it is no real surprise but what can I reasonably say? ... He has always struck me as rigid, never straying far from the straight line. Maybe that is what Fulham needed.

On the night Fulham flooded the midfield and prevented Brentford from playing. They did such a good job that I did not recognise the Brentford that I have been watching since lockdown. Lockdown gave me a great chance to watch my Championship pick and I got to know the players to such an extent that I am probably now a fan of the club.

I was thinking hard about what I would do if Brentford got promoted. I had nearly decided to drop my own club Arsenal from the blog and put Brentford into slot number one at least for one season while Mikel Arteta rebuilds the Arsenal side from the poor state that the Kroenkes have allowed it to get into. Following the result I can now keep my Premier League side and my Championship side as they have been this season and look forward to following Brentford next season although some of the players may feel the need to move on to better their careers.

The Fulham left back eventually broke the deadlock and scored twice to put Fulham in the winning position that they held on to despite the consolation goal that Brentford scored at the end.

There are more selection problems as we head down my selections but at least ONE and TWO are now decided for next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment