Sunday 26 July 2020

League Allocations (part one)

I love it when the Non League Newspaper publishes the allocations for the various leagues in the pyramid. This year it should have been very boring as there are supposed to be no changes with the leagues being declared void for the 2019-2020 season.

So everything is as it was is it not? Well no, there are always disputes and legal challenges and clubs who do not want to be where they are placed. As I understand it there are also promises from the F.A. to unhappy clubs that "it will be for one season only" so I expected to see some changes and what have I found for you? .....

Blackfield & Langley took voluntary demotion from the Southern League Premier Division South to the Wessex League. I guess that either all their best players left or the funding from sponsors dried up. That was the highest level drop that I could find. I still do not know where Bury are going to be playing next season but I may find out in the next few minutes.

Balham have disappeared from the Combined Counties League Premier Division. They appear to be in the Southern Counties East League so the transfer for this Croydon based club means that they will spend much more time travelling east and far less time travelling west.

Felixstowe & Walton United Reserves have gone from the Eastern Counties League Division One North. With reserve teams it is not always possible to work out what happened as sometimes they change leagues and sometimes they simply stop operating. I cannot find them anywhere else.
...additional (I have found this team in the Essex & Suffolk Border League Premier Division).

Tower Hamlets have disappeared from the Essex Senior League and they have reappeared in the Southern Counties East League Premier Division alongside Balham.

Brightlingsea Regent Reserves have resigned from the Eastern Counties League Southern Division and I have no information about whether they will be playing next season. If I find them I will try and add an addendum here.

Hackney Wick have also resigned from the Eastern Counties League Southern Division and will be playing in the Spartan South Midlands League Division One in what appears to be a straight swap with Brimsdown.

The Hellenic League which has always seemed to me to be a law unto itself (but maybe just very poorly covered on social media) has lost Brackley Town Saints from the Premier Division, Didcot Town Development and Marlow United from Division One East and New College Swindon from Division One West.

The Saints are the reserve team of Brackley Town and they are now listed as an "Archive" on the website for Brackley Town so I guess they are no more.

The Didcot Town website only mentions one team so I am guessing that the Development team are no more and will not appear next season.

Marlow United have applied for membership of the Thames Valley League and I expect to see them playing there next season. The reason cited was financial difficulties.

The suggestion I found on one website is that New College Swindon FC have folded.

I forgot how much time I spend each summer trying to find out what happens to every team on my spreadsheet. There are thousands of them now.

I will continue this post tomorrow when I carry on with the Midland League.

No comments:

Post a Comment