Sunday 16 December 2018

Loser Weekend

All my selections seemed determined to lose this weekend.

I have just watched my top team end their 22 match unbeaten run at Southampton. The only good thing about that is that Mark Hughes has long gone. Southampton 3 Arsenal 2 was the result and it was two goals for Henrikh Mkhitaryan who has been very unlucky for the past few weeks. I now think he is cursed because he scored two and we still lost. Is there a curse on H.M.?

Danny Ings with two headers and Charlie Austin with one header beat us. Bring back Per Mertesacker. We need a centre half or two that can deal with crosses. We also need a goalkeeper that can deal with crosses so if Petr Cech is anywhere near fit he may well get his place back against Spurs.

Southampton 3 Arsenal 2

I was watching yesterday when Brentford went 2-0 down to Hull City so that was an expected loss.

Hull City 2 Brentford 0

We know from yesterday that two of my lower selections lost. One of these matches was in the F.A.Trophy and my other National League team also lost in the F.A.Trophy.

Hemel Hempstead Town 2 Eastleigh 1

Truro City 4 Weston-super-Mare 0

My Southern league teams might both have lost but Tiverton Town had their match called off as the pitch was unfit. In the other match the two managers were sacked after the game.

Barnstaple Town 0 Cirencester Town 5

Kevin Darch and Dave Griffiths have both left the club following a run of disappointing results. The club has made a quick decision to appoint a new manager, with the implication that it was already set up before this match, and an announcement will be made on Monday evening.

So what else could go wrong?

Buckland Athletic could travel away to Shepton Mallet and lose 7-2.

Guess what.

Shepton Mallet 7 Buckland Athletic 2.

Exmouth Town had their match called off due to the weather conditions so most of my teams either lost or had the match cancelled.

The only chance for wins then are my League One and League Two choices.

Southend United 3 Accrington Stanley 0

Southend must have drunk their milk as they managed to beat the Stanley with goals from Sam Mantom, Taylor Moore and Theo Robinson. Accrington had more of the possession and had four more shots but as we all know it is goals that count.

Exeter City 1 Crewe Alexandra 0

This was a hard fought match but the difference was the goal scored by Lee Martin.

So two wins out of ten is a poor return on a bad week for my selections. Those results fit my mood so I do need to get myself out of this slump in time for the Carabao Cup match against Spurs.

Reader, I married him, no only joking.

Reader, I will make the next blog more exciting, maybe by adding a video from You Tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment