Saturday 15 October 2016

Today - Saturday 15th October

I have just listened to the Arsenal TV broadcast as my main team struggled to hold on to a 3-2 lead. It sounds as if Swansea, if they had had a good finisher, would have won the match by several goals. This may be the natural pessimism of football supporters (the match is commentated on by fans) so I shall watch the match later on to determine whether the opinions of the commentators were accurate.

Brighton were at home in the Falmer Stadium taking on Preston North End (whatever happened to Preston Central and Preston South?) and the match ended in a 2-2 draw.

Southend United were also at home and beat Chesterfield 1-0 at Roots Hall.

Exeter City continued a trend which has seen their best results coming away from home. If I were them I would agree to play all matches away. Travelling to Barnet they managed a convincing 4-1 away win which will help to ease their relegation fears.

North Ferriby United were in the F.A.Cup fourth qualifying round so I will leave them until my F.A.Cup review. It does mean that the draw for the first round proper is imminent.

Weston-super-Mare travelled to East Thurrock and got completely stuffed 5-1.

Weymouth are another team that played in the F.A.Cup so you can wait for their result as well.

Tiverton Town beat AFC Totton in the Southern League South & West.

Bridport were taking on Odd Down in a cup match today and I can find no trace of the result on the internet. Such are the problems the lower down the chain that you go.

Exmouth Town were not playing a league match and I can find no mention of a cup match so I have to presume that they were having valuable rest time.

Now I can look at the F.A.Cup. A tournament I do enjoy as the different levels take each other on.


No comments:

Post a Comment