Sunday 3 January 2016

December belongs to the wife

So, welcome back normality.

December starts with me having to contruct our christmas newsletter to send out with all the christmas cards. We then have to write all the cards and add any extra information on top of the news for selected persons. I am then expected to take the wife shopping and pay for all the presents although give her credit she is happy to choose all the items. We then have to go visiting all the people that we have ignored all year. I have to attend at least one christmas party with work and drink on many other occasions. All this means that you have heard nothing from me throughout December. What do you mean nobody noticed?

The new year has started with football on Friday 1st January. Torquay went away to Forest Green Rovers who beat them 3-1. That is a good place to start as all the matches at lower levels scheduled for Saturday 2nd January were called off due to waterlogged pitches or anticipated bad weather. My cousin's parents in law were flooded out and did not take extra flood insurance of £400 on the basis that for the past 48 years they have had no problems. This was now a costly mistake. Hindsight is a very valuable teacher.

So with just my league teams to tell you about we can start with Exeter who decided to lose to Dagenham & Redbridge at home, the score being 1-2.

Southend United were far more generous, losing 3-0 at home to Doncaster Rovers.

At least Brentford were away as they went down 2-1 to Birmingham City.

That leaves my top team Arsenal, and as I listened to the commentary we were definitely the second best team on the pitch but football is not all about performance, if it were we would win every match, it is about scoring goals and Lauren Koscielny scored the only goal of the game for a 1-0 win.

There. One of my resolutions is complete as I have updated my blog. Maybe I will do a team by team summary of December and the more I think about it that may be a better way to document this blog. It is early days, but now in addition to all my other "things" I have decided to take an open university course on football.

Bring on the new year.








No comments:

Post a Comment