Wednesday 16 April 2014

Complete Madness

I have spent the last few weeks compiling a list of websites that contain the football league tables of all the leagues in the football pyramid.

Some leagues are easier to find than others and some websites are easier to use than others but I am now happy that within an hour I can copy all the leagues from the Premiership down to Level 13 into a spreadsheet in less than an hour. It may be boring but it can be done.

"Why?" I hear you ask. It is a long story but it satisfies my OCD requirement. It may even prove useful one day. I continue to work on Levels 14 to 16 but it gets harder the lower down the pyramid you go.

TheFA website has a lot of useful information but the best site is undoubtedly NonLeagueMatters which is very easy to use and requires a single rather than a two stage copy that the FA site requires.

I was going to tell you how many leagues and how many teams I have now compiled but the job is not complete yet and (the real reason) my cat has just sat right beside me so I cannot reach the drawer where the widget drive with the data on is housed.

I love some of the names I have come across but my favourite team name so far is "Joker (Saturday)".

There is plenty of inconsistency with Premier and Senior Leagues swapping places alongside Premier and Senior divisions. My personal preference is for "Premier" with "Senior" being used for "Veteran Leagues".

Intermediate is also used, it seems, randomly. I like the phrase where there are reserve teams competing that may be better than first teams lower down the league, but then again I prefer reserve teams to play in different leagues so that they can find their natural level rather than being forced into a false position.

If anyone out is interested in what I have done please make yourself known.

No comments:

Post a Comment